SYDNEY / NSW FLOODS – DELAYS EXPECTEDJul 05, 2022
3rd UPDATE – 5 JULY 2022
NSW FLOODS – DELAYS EXPECTED
We kindly ask all our clients to be patient as many areas in Sydney and Greater Sydney region as well as other areas across the entire state of NSW have been impacted quite heavily by severe floods.
Visit our website www.mrlglobal.com for the latest updates. https://www.mrlglobal.com/news/
If you live in NSW visit NSW SES for the latest updates to ensure you are safe and look out for evacuate orders and how these will impact you and your families and colleagues. https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
- > Due to many road closures, Trucks and many other vehicles have to take different and usually longer routes, causing the return of vehicles back to the depot delayed and hence we highly recommend customer to book their pickups earlier, specially larger volume of freight to help trucks return on schedule back to depot to ensure it meets linehaul connection.
- > Deliveries into Central Coast will be impacted throughout this week. Our agents in central coast are experiencing power outages, access issues in and around central coast area. please note freight may not be possible to be delivered until it is safe to do so.
- > Several streets in multiple suburbs in Sydney are totally blocked and there is no way to deliver or collect freight from. please check with your customers if there is access, before sending freight.
- >In order to minimize water damage to freight, we recommend all customers to ensure they wrap their pallets from top to bottom to minimize water going into pallets.
A Friendly reminder all pickups and deliveries in Sydney Metro area and parts of NSW Regional areas
will be impacted this week.
- > Pickup and Deliveries in Sydney Metro maybe delayed or rescheduled for a later date depending on the affected suburbs and towns and flood levels.
- > All Pickup and Deliveries within flood affected Regional of NSW maybe delayed or rescheduled until safe to collect or deliver the freight.
- > All freight bound for NSW leaving on Friday 1 July 2022 Ex Brisbane and Ex Melbourne will arrive late on Monday into our Sydney Depot due to floods causing major traffic delays.
- > Expect delayed deliveries by at least 2 additional days.
- > All freight outbound leaving Sydney commencing 4 July 2022, please allow additional days for linehaul delays due to road closures.
- > Any timeslot bookings may be required to be re-scheduled.
- > Any specialised and store deliveries may be delayed due to flooding.
- > Any home deliveries, please note we will review deliveries and any freight that cannot be ATL (Authority to Leave) in a safe manner may not be delivered until safe to do so.
TRACK AND TRACE:
Visit our website to track your freight. We request all customers to minimize contacting our Customer Service requesting ETA’s and only refer to our website www.mrlglobal.com for track and trace and news updates. If your freight is outside transit time of the additional 2 days then email us on [email protected] or call us on 1300 164 797 for further updates.
We Thank All our Valued Clients for their patience and cooperation during this week as we collect and deliver freight as soon as safely possible.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email us on [email protected].