Carrier collects personal information from you that is necessary for it to perform its functions, personal information including but not limited to:-
- your details;
- account name and account number held by financial institutions from which payments for services provided to you are made;
- Details of your transactions;
- Records of communications between you and Carrier;
- Information obtained as a result of credit checks which you have authorised;
- Billing information; and
- Any other information which Carrier at its discretion may require from time to time.
By entering in to this agreement the Customer and guarantors jointly and severally authorise Carrier to obtain, use, disclose and exchange personal information and credit information with other companies and suppliers, credit agencies, credit reporting agencies, any related organisation, any service provider to it including Solicitors or debt collection agencies, any advisor or third party which it may at its discretion engage, and other credit providers or any other institution or body or person not limited to your trade references for the following purposes (or purposes related to these purposes):
- conducting credit checks, obtaining credit reports and maintaining your credit records;
- entering into this agreement and establishing and managing your account;
- developing, researching and promoting our products and services and the products and services of other entities;
- reporting or gaining information on overdue payments, serious credit infringements and dishonoured cheques;
- taking action against you, including debt recovery action;
- managing your relationship with us and marketing our products and services and the products and services of other entities to you;
- submitting your details to any credit reporting organisation;
- as may be required by a Court Order or subpoena or any other Court document; and
- as required or permitted under law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Customer and guarantors jointly and severally acknowledge and agree that notwithstanding that Carrier will undertake their best endeavour to protect the privacy of Customer subject to this and any other written agreements that may be in place between the Customer and Carrier. Carrier does not in any way manner or form guarantee the security of information conveyed to it, or conveyed through its services, and the Customer as a term of this agreement accepts that Carrier are not liable to Customer or any other party for any loss or damage resulting from the diversion, publication, corruption or inappropriate or unlawful use of any information provided. The Customer releases and indemnifies Carrier with respect to any issue disclosed in this clause.