VICTORIA FLOODS – DELAYS EXPECTEDOct 14, 2022
14 October 2022
VICTORIA FLOODS – DELAYS EXPECTED
Due to the current flood situation and road closures in Victoria, there may be delays in freight arrival, deliveries and pick-ups.
We kindly ask all our clients to be patient as many areas in the Victoria region across the entire state have been impacted by floods.
- > Due to many road closures, Trucks and many other vehicles have to take different and usually longer routes, causing the return of vehicles back to the depot to be delayed hence we highly recommend customer book their pickups earlier, especially larger volumes of freight to help trucks return on schedule back to the depot to ensure it meets linehaul connection.
- > Deliveries will be impacted throughout this week. Our agents are experiencing power outages, and access issues in and around the area. Please note freight may not be possible to be delivered until it is safe to do so.
- > Please check with your customers to see if there is no access issue and if the delivery address has not been impacted by the flood before sending freight.
- >In order to minimize water damage to freight, we recommend all customers ensure they wrap their pallets from top to bottom to minimize water going into pallets.
A Friendly reminder all pickups and deliveries in Victoria will be impacted this week.
- > Pickup and Deliveries in Victoria may be delayed or rescheduled for a later date depending on the affected suburbs and towns and flood levels.
- > All Pickup and Deliveries within the flood-affected Regional of VIC may be delayed or rescheduled until safe to collect or deliver the freight.
- > Expect delayed deliveries by at least two additional days.
- > Any timeslot bookings may be required to be rescheduled.
- > Any specialised and store deliveries may be delayed due to flooding.
- > Any home deliveries, please note we will review deliveries and any freight that cannot be ATL (Authority to Leave) in a safe manner may not be delivered until safe to do so.
TRACK AND TRACE:
Visit our website to track your freight. We request all customers to minimize contacting our Customer Service requesting ETA’s and only refer to our website www.mrlglobal.com for track and trace and news updates. If your freight is the outside transit time of the additional 2 days then email us at [email protected] or call us on 1300 164 797 for further updates.
We Thank All our Valued Clients for their patience and cooperation during this week as we collect and deliver freight as soon as safely possible.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].